Selective Licensing is still coming! We believe we have contacted every client who will be affected by Selective Licensing and checked each property. This is a big task and we want to be sure we are all ready. We know it’s the landlord’s responsibility to ensure everything is in order but we are trying to proactively support all of our clients to ease the burden. Let’s work together to make sure nothing slips through the net.
So, if you haven’t already heard from us please double check yourself that your property is not in the zone and let us know if you need a hand with anything. The early bird deadline finishes on the 31st March.
Here is the map to check your property:
Please act now to make sure you have all the documentation required by the Council to apply for a licence. There will be a rush of activity once the portal goes live, so get ahead of the majority now and make sure you are prepared. This will also allow you to take advantage of the early bird price discount.
Before applying for a licence, you will need the following information to complete your application:
- Details of the licence holder, including name, address and date of birth
- Room sizes in square metres
- Details about the property structure, and location of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Name and addresses of all people and organisations with an interest in the property (such as freeholders, leaseholders, managing agents and mortgage provider)
- Documents (gas safety certificate, electrical, EPC and floorplan with measurements)
As always, we are here to help. If you need assistance with any other above, including floorplans or room measurements, get in touch today on 01702 445600 and we’ll help you make sure you’re prepared!